This Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical 8th Edition, pdf, ebook, and download by Margaret Jordan Halter Ph.D. APRN (Author) is a book that is used as a reference for universities in the world. Many lecturers advise students to read it. Some students immediately came to the bookstore to buy this book. Others read in the library.
Before you make a decision to buy, the thing to do is read book reviews that can be found on internet pages.
We created a description of this book to help anyone. We quote from several online pages and we write back well.
Here’s the review.
Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 8th Edition Awarded second place in the 2018 AJN Book of the Year Awards in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing category. This book is the most comprehensive RN psychiatric nursing text on the market! User-friendly by design, it simplifies the often-intimidating subject of psychiatric-mental health nursing with a practical, clinical perspective.
This book was written by Margaret Jordan Halter Ph.D. APRN is a practitioner in the field of health and nursing. Mentor-like writing style reinforces important information and helps in applying textbook content to the clinical setting. Coverage of key topics and emerging nursing trends keep you current with best practices in the field. Considering Culture boxes discuss the importance of person-centered care in providing competent care to diverse populations in various clinical situations. Vignettes with vivid mini-stories prepare you for real-world practice with personal, descriptive characterizations of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
New to this 8e Edition is coverage of neurobiology of the brain throughout the Major Disorders chapters, the latest DSM-5 guidelines, and coverage of trauma, pediatric mental health, major disorders, QSEN competencies, and more. friendly by design, it simplifies the often-intimidating subject of psychiatric mental health nursing with a practical, clinical perspective. Revised with the help of a readability expert, chapters follow the nursing process framework and progress from theory to application, preparing you for practice with real-world examples.
Table of Contents.
- UNIT I: FOUNDATIONS IN THEORY
- Mental Health and Mental Illness
- Theories and Therapies
- Psychobiology and Psychopharmacology
- UNIT II: FOUNDATIONS FOR PRACTICE
- Treatment Settings
- Cultural Implications
- Legal and Ethical Considerations
- UNIT III: PSYCHOSOCIAL NURSING TOOLS
- The Nursing Process and Standards of Care
- Therapeutic Relationships
- Therapeutic Communication
- Stress Responses and Stress Management
- UNIT IV: PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL DISORDERS
- Childhood and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
- Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- 16 Trauma, Stressor-Related, and Dissociative Disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorders
- Eating and Feeding Disorders
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- S3xual Dysfunction, Gender Dysphoria, and Paraphilias
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- UNIT V: TRAUMA INTERVENTIONS
- Suicide and Nonsuicidal Self-Injury
- Crisis and Disaster
- Anger, Aggression, and Violence
- Child, Older Adult, and Intimate Partner Violence
- S3xual Assault
- UNIT VI: INTERVENTIONS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- Dying, Death, and Grieving
- Older Adults
- Serious Mental Illness
- Forensic Nursing
- UNIT VII: OTHER INTERVENTION MODALITIES
- Therapeutic Groups
- Family Interventions
- Integrative Care
- Appendix A NANDA-I Nursing Diagnoses and Definitions 2012-2014
- Publisher : Saunders; 8th edition (September 14, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 696 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323389678
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323389679
- Item Weight : 3.09 pounds
- Dimensions : 10.8 x 8.5 x 1.1 inches
Until now there are still many people who like books in PDF form. Almost all printed books provide digital versions, including this book.
To read books in PDF format, you must have Adobe Reader software installed on your computer. The method is very easy, anyone can do it.
Shop Advice Buy This Book
For those of you who have read this book review and want to get it immediately, please come to one of the bookstores below.
is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, with a concentration in e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and production capabilities. At first, the Amazon company only sells books until today. You can buy any book on Amazon, including books that are currently under review.
One of them is an online auction website that allows people from all over the world to sell and buy various products and services. Of all goods and services traded, books are one of the products.
as an American company that runs a chain of department stores. According to the 2008 Fortune Global 500, Wal-Mart is the world’s largest publicly traded company by revenue. You can find the books you need in this company.
Have you read this Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 8th Edition review and want to help us? please write your comments in the column provided.