The Laws and Regulations of Sport 5th Edition, pdf, ebook and free download by Matthew. J Mitten, Timothy Davis, Rodney K. Smith, Kenneth L. Shropshire will help and make it easier for you to understand about new issues in sports intellectual property. The latest antitrust case challenges the NCAA’s student-athlete eligibility rules as well as Excerpts from a recent legal review article by former MLB commissioner Bud Selig on MLB internal governance issues. New CAS case implementing the World Anti-doping Code for doping at sporting events Landmark Castor Semenya awards CAS Recent case regarding the National Governing Body’s (NGB) legal obligation to protect athletes from s3xual harassment.
The fifth edition explores amateur and professional sports and issues common to both industries. A comprehensive collection of cases and materials provides a balanced perspective and flexible coverage, while organization gives instructors flexibility to cover multiple sections or chapters that can be selected for separate courses in either Amateur Sports Law or Professional Sports Law. U.S. Safe Sports Act Update on NGB’s responsibilities and culpability for failure to have appropriate return-to-play protocols following athlete concussion: Mayall v USA Water Polo, Inc. Update on legal challenges to the use of Native American mascots.
This book includes recent landmark sports precedents, cases, and articles. Materials examining internal governance issues of the MLB, the World Anti-doping Code applying to sports doping, the NCAA infractions process, and concussions and brain trauma have also been included in the updated edition. Sports Law and Regulation contains the appropriate amount of introductory and explanatory materials, notes, and questions to facilitate students’ understanding as well as hypothetical problems for applying new knowledge. Landmark historical cases and significant recent cases that reflect the current law regulating the sports industry Notes and Questions that suggest philosophical, sociological, psychological, and economic policy issues and themes Flexible organization supports different teaching objectives, ranging from a focus on amateur sports through to professional sports law Skill-building exercises in client counseling, negotiation, and contract drafting.
Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities, plus an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes.
The new Table content of 5th Edition:
– New problems on sports intellectual property
– Recent antitrust cases challenging NCAA student-athlete eligibility rules
– Excerpts from recent law review articles by former MLB commissioner Bud Selig regarding MLB internal governance issues
– New CAS cases applying World Anti-doping Code to sports doping
– Landmark Castor Semenya CAS award
– Recent cases regarding National Governing Body (NGB) legal duty to protect athletes from sexual abuse and U.S. Safe Sport legislation
– Updates on tort liability of NGB for failure to have appropriate return to play protocol after athlete concussion: Mayall v USA Water Polo, Inc.
– Updates on the legal challenges to the use of Native American mascots in sports
– Landmark historical cases and significant recent cases that reflect the current law regulating the sports industry
– Notes and Questions that suggest philosophical, sociological, psychological, and economic policy issues and themes
– Flexible organization supports different teaching objectives, ranging from a focus on amateur sports through to professional sports law
– Skill-building exercises in client counseling, negotiation, and contract drafting
Publisher : Wolters Kluwer; 5th edition (November 13, 2019)
Language : English
Hardcover : 1128 pages
ISBN-10 : 1543810810
ISBN-13 : 978-1543810813
Item Weight : 4.21 pounds
Dimensions : 7.5 x 1.75 x 10 inches
Table of Contents
Sorry, not available
Book Format PDF Free Download
There are 2 types of books currently circulating, printed and digital books. Print types consist of paperback and hardcover. While books in digital form can be many choices.
Based on the information we got from the testimony of students who like the PDF form made by acrobat reader. But now there are many other types of digital books. Call it artificial from Amazon called Kindle.
The advantage of the PDF version is that it can be downloaded for free via the internet. You only book a laptop connected to a WIFI network. If you have got the file, then you do not need to spend money. But the PDF file is not yet complete in accordance with the print edition.
Buy or not this Sports Law And Regulation 5th Edition is your choice.